Potable water acceessibility in Jijiga and Korahey Zones
Ogaden Welfare & Development Association implementing 24 shallow water wells in Jijiga and Korahey zones because of identified community needs in potable water. Recently,the coomunities of the sellected villages are suffering from water scarcity both human and livestock.The community living in Somali Region, Ethiopia often experiences such this problem whenever the rainfall failure occurrs in the Region where community infrastructure facilities are very poor which results death to many lives in general and particular pastoral community.Thus OWDA has a great intention to solving such contraints in the community development moreover, conducts baseline study for the identification of needy people inorder to prepare commprehensive proposal fore the sack of community survivability.
The objectives of this program are:
- To create health promotion situation in target area
- To provide clean and potable water with both human and Animals
- To lessen the outbreak of diseases by building protected water wells
- To make less women workload of fetching water from far distance
- To get durable solution for the resouce based conflicts in the community when water scarcity is experienced.
The expected beneficiaries of the project in general 92300 persons, jigjiga 2800 while Korahey 64300. Wells porportion for each zone Korahey 17 wells and jigjiga 7 wells.
OWDA conducts this activity for the community development in elaboration with UN millennium development goals 2015.